The programme is organized in three academic semesters (Full-time study).
The first semester includes five compulsory courses with the aim to provide the foundational aspects in biology, computer science, and statistics.
- Data Science
- Next Generation DNA sequencing
- Proteomics and Functional Genomics
- Biological Databases
The second semester includes three compulsory and two elective courses.
- Metagenomic Analysis
- Population Genomics
- Evolutionary Genomics
- Comparative Genomics and Phylogenomics
- Data Mining
- Gene Ontologies and Natural Language Processing
- Applied Bioinformatics in Biotechnology and Biomedicine
- *Elective courses may not be offered in a particular year depending on student demand.
The third semester is reserved for the MSc thesis.
Extended thesis option (only available for full-time study): It is possible to skip the elective courses of the 2nd Semester and start instead a more challenging research-oriented MSc thesis.
Part-time study: It is possible to complete the MSc programme in part-time mode, dependent on certain conditions and approval by the programme committee. In this case, the time for completion of the programme is doubled (6 semesters).